Thursday, September 2, 2010

Medical Screen #1

My daughter had her medical screening today.  All seemed to go well and she didn't even cry during her labs.  Pretty good for a 2 y/o.  My wife and I were not able to get our appts until next week and our three sons are not until the following week.  Getting six people through physical exams and the laundry lists of labs is quite the chore.  I will be very happy to have this part of the clearances over! 

On another note, one of my OA study buddies had his OA today and did not pass.  I was completely shocked to hear this as he appeared to be uber-prepared.  He was very strong in GE and SI and like the rest of us struggled a bit with CM, but was much better than I.  He only passed the GE today and I just don't get it.  Obviously I wasn't there, but it is just too bad.  I am so happy to be where I am in this process, but it hurts to know so many good people don't make it.  I am thinking of him tonight and wishing the rest of my group the best of luck over the next couple of weeks!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    Glad you made it all the way past the OA! That's a great accomplishment! Best of luck with the medical and security clearance processes. It is very much a waiting game from here on out, so I am sending a lot of patience your way and hoping you get "the call" soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, 4 kids! How old are the others? That's great that your 2yo was so accommodating. Mine was definitely not!
    I know what you mean, there is an element of luck and uncertainty with the OA that is so hard to deal with...
    good luck w everything!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bfiles- my boys are 4y, 6y and 8y. Everyone is about to have a b-day (starting this weekend!) so our year of 2-4-6-8 is about to end :(

    ReplyDelete