Thursday, September 9, 2010

French

Tomorrow I start my first lesson with my newly acquired French tutor.  I have no idea how it will go or how badly my French is right now.  I also don't know if the tutor is any good or not, but she is very cheap, so if I get anything out of the experience, it will be worth it!  I took French for 4 years in high school and was fairly decent at it (15 years ago!).  I can still read it okay and get the jist of what is being said, but I can't speak well right now or follow verbal communication well (doesn't it seem that other languages talk very quickly ;) ).  My goal is to pour everything into this process over the next two years.  I really need language points to make this FS thing a reality and even then it might be iffy.  I have a 5.4 in CON so with language points I would get a 5.57.  This looks like it would get me into an A-100 class, but I'm just not sure. 

I also found a French school around the corner from our house (funny how you don't notice things until they impact your life in some way) that teaches adult lessons every night of the week.  They also hold "conversation gatherings" every Wednesday.  I think I will also enroll in their classes as they are very reasonable and will most likely provide a good network for other resources.  Who knows how this will all turn out, but I am looking forward to the process!

1 comment:

  1. your plans sound great! Since you just passed you have time to work on your french- how fabulous that you have a school right around the corner. I, too, hope a 5.57 is good enough, but I'm not quite sure. Crossing fingers.

    ReplyDelete