Friday, September 10, 2010

First tutor and MD appt

I had my first French tutor session today.  It went pretty well.  My tutor is a little (okay, alot) strange and has a socially awkward laugh.  We mainly spent time reviewing very basic stuff (alphabet, counting, verbs "to be" and "to have").  I checked out some children's books in French to read over the next week.  It was a good introduction to how much I have to learn.  I just keep reminding myself that this is a marathon, not a sprint!  It is scary to read some FS blogs of people in language training at FSI and hear them struggle when they are getting 4-5 hours per day of intense training.  This is going to be quite the journey.

On the MD front, my wife and I both had our physicals today.  We got our chest x-rays done and have to go back Monday for labs and a few odds and ends.  It went much smoother than I expected (not sure why), but nonetheless I am happy to be almost done with that.  This weekend is full of two soccer games, one football game and care of our chihuahua who decided to eat rat poison today causing us to make a quick trip to the vet for stomach pumping and Vit K prescriptions.  The fun never stops!

No comments:

Post a Comment