Monday, May 16, 2011

It's a No

Well it looks like my second shot at this crazy life wasn't meant to be.  I was dissed at the QEP.  I can't say I am completely shocked, though I was shocked at my reaction.  I was pretty disappointed this morning!  I turned in the same PNQ's that I used last year and I wasn't really comfortable with that approached.  I knew it was risky, but I didn't put forth any effort to change my essays.  I rolled the dice and it didn't work in my favor.  I felt like I had been punched in the gut.

In the end, it is all okay.  I wish I was heading back to DC for the orals, but that is not in the plans for me right now.  I am reviewing my language options (though I don't think I can commit to anything that will get me to a passing score by next June when my current candidacy expires) and will see if I can start something that might pay off if I decide to retest next year.  Who knows, maybe the FS will start a crazy hiring spree and I will get called up!  HA!

1 comment:

  1. So sorry to hear that! Don't be too discouraged - with the budget and the overflowing registers as it is, I'm sure they are tightening things up tremendously to reduce the numbers of people getting on the register in the first place. I will be re-taking the FSOT next week, and I worry about the PNQ's, too.

    It's a bummer. Do you plan to go through with it again next year? Best of luck, whatever you decide to pursue!

    ReplyDelete