Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Problems Solved

So it only took a few more days of ridiculous e-mails, but it seems all my kids now exist in the eyes of DoS and they all have their names spelled correctly.  In addition to all that, they have all been cleared to travel the world, medically speaking.

I have no idea where things are in my security clearance.  My boss has brought it up three times which is really frustrating because I keep telling her that this may not even happen (at this rate it won't) and I fear that the security process may have hurt my future promotion possibilities.  I'm sure this is something everyone who has entered the FS has experienced.  Maybe it won't.  I just don't know.

Everything else is going well.  French is moving along s.l.o.w.l.y.  I am trying to measure it by weeks.  Tonight I couldn't attend my class because my family has one-by-one dropped with an obnoxious stomach flu (I had the pleasure of it last week) and my wife is off to bed early after a long night of vomiting.  Anyway, I wrote my teacher (in French) and told her I wouldn't make it.  My e-mails are always one or two sentences.  She writes back a lengthy note, but I could read and understand the whole thing.  That is good.  I'm afraid my hearing comprehension is not as good as my reading comprehension though.  This is probably normal, but I wish the hearing would catch up.  I need to get into some conversational groups, but haven't had any luck finding any. 

Oh well, I will keep pushing on.

No comments:

Post a Comment