Wednesday, October 20, 2010

The Interviews Begin

I had my first security interview today.  It was pretty anticlimactic and over in about 45 min.  A couple of my friends have been contacted about information on me.  It is a little weird knowing people are going around and asking EVERYONE about you.  The good news is I have nothing to hide, but the whole process is still kinda creepy weird.  I assume this process will take a few more months.  I received word yesterday that I have been cleared for worldwide availability from a medical stand point, so that is good!  I am probably in a different boat than everyone else in that I am not feeling that rush to get to the register.  Without language points I know this process is going nowhere for the time being, so I am okay hanging out in clearances world for awhile.

1 comment:

  1. I'm in a similar boat - I had my first meeting with security today, but they have been contacting friends and relatives for a couple of weeks now. Very strange experience, but my interview was over pretty quickly. I also am not in a huge hurry since I'll likely defer for some time. But it would still be nice to be on that register and have this part of the process over with!

    ReplyDelete